To Watch A Short Clip Click Here
Please click here to download Windows Media Player for MAC.
This new five-part series takes a look at the history and culture of China, from the time of Mr Kong, (known as Kong Fu to the Chinese and as Confucius to the outside world) to the present day.
Filmed entirely on location in China, this informative and entertaining series presents the astonishing story of China, its people and its culture over the past two thousand years.
THE FIVE PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
1. The Middle Kingdom: The Democratic Viewpoint, Geography, The Dynasties, Confucius, China Today.
2. Matters of the Mind: Superstition, Confucian Commentators, Taoism, Buddhism, Tibet, Sung Education.
3. Heart and Soul: Bronzes, Ceramics, the Character Script, Poetry, Literature.
4. From Harmony to Discord: Music, Gardens, Painting, Science, The Descent into Chaos.
5. The Rough Road to Freedom: Japan, The End of the Empire, Communism, Overseas Chinese, the current Dilemma.